Domestic violence and abuse is an unfortunate reality. Depending on the relationship of the parties, a Court in Maryland can issue either a Protective Order or a Peace Order. Upon the granting of a Protective Order, Judges in Maryland have the authority to grant the following relief:
- Order the accused out of the home
- Award temporary custody of minor children
- Award emergency family maintenance (monthly support)
- Order that the victim not be abused
- Order that the accused not contact the victim
- Order the accused to attend anger management courses
Protective orders and peace orders must be taken seriously. We represent both victims and those accused of domestic violence. Our office aggressively seeks protection for victims and aggressively defends the accused.