Modification of Custody and Child Support
In Maryland, legal custody, physical custody, visitation and child support can be modified upon a showing of a material change of circumstances. Changes that may warrant a modification/change of custody or visitation include the following:
- Either parent or a child moving out of the area
- A change to the child’s performance in school/education
- A change in a child’s or parent’s health
- A change in the ability of parents to communicate
- Any significant change affecting a child
- The number of years since the original order was entered.
Changes that may warrant a modification/change of child support include the following:
- A change in either or both parents’ income
- A change in work-related childcare/daycare costs
- A change in the cost of medical expenses/health insurance costs of a child
- The special needs of a child or child with disabilities
At Alman & Alman, LLC, we regularly represent clients in cases seeking to modify custody, visitation and child support.